Monday, August 18, 2008

IN TIME FOR THE PAINTED BIRD

1. This lingering cold has been on my nerves for the past week and I'm startin' to get a little MORE peeved. That and I feel like a really huge baby that keeps complaining about it over and over and over. But ya know what? I don't mind because last night I spent w/ my lover and I'm all good to go. Even with the sniffles.

2. I woke up this morning at around 8am from my cell phone alarm that I never fail to turn off. Even if I don't need to wake at the set alarm time I still, and this never fails, wake up repeatedly day after day because silly me doesn't remember to turn off her cell phone alarm. This is quite annoying. And I'm sure my precious boyfriend isn't amused by it either. But he loves me anyway. And he gave me his copy of The Painted Bird by Jerzy Kosinski.



I'm opting for this rather than War and Peace because, well, I'm just not ready to tackle War and Peace yet. Plus my favorite store in SF just might have received it's name from this novel and that's inspiring enough. If you haven't pleasured yourself at Painted Bird yet in that "Oh I bought 10 things for less than $100" kinda way well you should go ahead and do that already! They're on 24th and Guerrero in the Mission District and you'll be really happy when you leave.




3. Funny that a different Painted Bird.com came up during my search. This guy, Richard Morgan, makes shore bird decoys. Maybe for fun... kinda looks like he does it for a living. Much like my good friend Nicole's papa. I think this was his favorite pastime and he spent many hours in their large garage going to town on birds in flight, birds sitting on logs, birds ... you get the point. He made a lot of birds - especially sea gulls.

4. So I woke up, drank some Raspberry Lemonade and headed home to mi casa. I only have a residency at my babe's house which is quite nice. I stopped off at Walgreen's and kinda wandered around aimlessly. First I went to the magazine section but there's nothing very enticing about Walgreen's magazine selection. And I'm not really interested in Hollywood's cutest babies right now so I headed over to the condom section. Interesting and pleasurable opportunities there... vibrating rings, His and Her gels ... But no, I didn't grab anything. The gel was $21! I'm broke and I have great sex for free. So I just ended up getting an Odwalla Berries GoMega bar and some cottage cheese. Breakfast! Walgreen's yes, but it was convenient.

5. So now I'm at home enjoying my Saturday (Monday) and getting ready for a night out tonight. With the sniffles. I'm going to prevail. But first I'm going to head to ODC Dance Commons for some Afro-Haitian dancing.



Love,
A

No comments: